A A A A Author Topic: Help with custom billboards  (Read 2442 times)

Riverwillows

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Help with custom billboards
Post #1     : July 18, 2016, 02:57:30 PM
I downloaded A2 Dual Vendors, but can't for the life of me figure out how to place custom pics in the billboard parts. I searched online, and got this:

TAKEN FROM README FILE ON HARDRIVE:C\programfiles(x86)\steam\steamapps\commoon\roller coaster tycoon gold\README

ADDING BITMAPS FOR BILLBOARDS AND CUSTOM STALLS - While you may import nearly any image to use on your billboards and custom stalls, some images may be distorted or stretched to fit the dimensions of the billboard or custom stall. For best results, we recommend you use bitmaps or JPGs that are of the following sizes:
512 pixels wide x 128 pixels tall
512 pixels wide x 64 pixels tall
256 pixels wide x 256 pixels tall
256 pixels wide x 128 pixels tall
128 pixels wide x 512 pixels tall
128 pixels wide x 256 pixels tall
64 pixels wide x 512 pixels tall
64 pixels wide x 256 pixels tall

Ok, so I followed those sizes in my photo program, example: For the Witch hat, I found a nice single clip art of a witch hat, created an image 128 pixels wide x 256 pixels tall, pasted, flattened, and saved it as a .jpg to My Pictures. Went into my game, and when I click on the billboard selection, there is no images available to use. So I did a .bmp. Still none.

So, how do I use the billboards, and what sizes do I need for the vendors, etc?  ???

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Re: Help with custom billboards
Post #2     : July 20, 2016, 10:50:01 AM
Billboards don't work with operating systems newer than Windows XP without making some changes to your file system. This thread explains what you'll need to do. http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,15814.0.html.
Be sure to visit the CS List to find the custom content you need for RCT3.