Every little bit helps.

A A A A Author Topic: Staff Crashing My Game Please Help  (Read 1287 times)

pixiefish

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Staff Crashing My Game Please Help
Post #1     : May 05, 2017, 04:44:39 PM
Hello Everyone,

Firstly I am not new to RCT3, have been playing it on and off for 8 years, I am fully competent with CS, CTR's and CFR's. I know my PC like the back of my hand and don't seem to run into many problems that I cannot fix or know the cause of.

That being said, this one has me stumped. I have a park, it is a default scenario size made a little smaller, the current file size is around 3.9 mb after a clean. It is around 25-30 percent full at the moment. All of my setting are fairly low for building, LOD low. I don't feel any great lag, I have no problem placing large scenery structures, blending from day to night is smooth. All my CC works, however, when I click on a member of staff my game crashes, and when I say click on a member of staff it means a member of staff in the park, or when I click to hire a member of staff.

Now I could say alright then, there is something wrong with my CC but, if I go to the glasses and choose to hide all my rides and scenery, I can hire and click on any member of staff without any problems at all.

Does anyone have any ideas, does it require a great many resources to hire a member of staff, or could it be CC. I don't have any mods in my game, except the invisible electric fence.

My PC is not hugely powerful, but it is not terrible its a i7 quad core 2.00GHz, 6GB ram, 64bit.

Any help would be appreciated.

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Re: Staff Crashing My Game Please Help
Post #2     : May 06, 2017, 11:51:54 AM
I've never heard this problem reported. Your save file could possibly be corrupted. I haven't used Park Cleanup much, but it could be the culprit. Or you may try to re-installing the game. Does this happen on any other parks or just the one?

One more thing you might try is here...http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,19338.0.html
Be sure to visit the CS List to find the custom content you need for RCT3.

pixiefish

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #3     : May 06, 2017, 11:40:49 PM
Well I used park cleanup on this park because of this problem, so it was after the problem began, trying to eliminate the list of suspects as such.

I already have LAA installed, I use it for a lot of things not just RCT3.

It is happening on other parks, but only with CC, A fresh scenario or fresh sandbox will not create the same issue until it starts to be built upon. I know it is a strange problem, if it was lagging a lot or, placing water was an issue but, it is a member of staff.
Okay maybe it is not a game issue, maybe it is a system problem.
Full system check to be done then.

Thank you Shyguy for your help, i will let you know if it gets fixed.

pixiefish

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #4     : May 16, 2017, 01:25:11 PM
Well, that was a fun few days. Complete system check, cpu, drivers and ram. Everything seams to be in order. Did do an update through LG, which I do have to do for everything including graphics. Never have been able to download from the Nvidia site as their geforce graphics conflict with the Intel HD 3000 graphics, so if the Geforce is classed as working, there would be a problem with the Intel and vice versa, let's just say it was a fun few weeks when that happened, even a full system reinstall did not solve that problem, it took a lot of patience.

Anyway, managed to find and update for my Geforce through LG eventually, which does seem to have solved the issue, clicking on staff no longer crashes the game....moving them however, well just won't move them.  :P

Thanks once again Shyguy for trying to help.

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Post #5     : May 16, 2017, 01:41:55 PM
Such an odd bug. Glad you were able to at least partly solve your problem. ;)

phebe86

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #6     : February 08, 2018, 12:31:47 PM
Hi! I've a problem and I need your help. I have created a Custom park but It crashes after few  minutes.....the other park works.

I had read some discussion about the use of park cleanup utility rct3 and I had try to use it, but it clear also rides, scenarios and themed that I will use in futher to complete my park.......what am I wrong?

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Post #7     : February 08, 2018, 01:28:22 PM
What is the difference between your "Custom" park and the other one? What version of Windows are you using? It's very tough to know what is crashing your park, as there could be many reasons.

This thread may help you.
http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,14639.0.html

One possibility for crashes has to do with memory. Since RCT3 was designed to use a maximum of 2GB of memory, playing it on operating systems that uses  a lot more can cause problems. Many of my parks crashed when I upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7. This program stopped the crashes. It's called Large Address Aware. http://www.moddb.com/downloads/large-address-aware1

phebe86

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #8     : February 09, 2018, 11:19:30 AM
What is the difference between your "Custom" park and the other one? What version of Windows are you using? It's very tough to know what is crashing your park, as there could be many reasons.

This thread may help you.
http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,14639.0.html

One possibility for crashes has to do with memory. Since RCT3 was designed to use a maximum of 2GB of memory, playing it on operating systems that uses  a lot more can cause problems. Many of my parks crashed when I upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7. This program stopped the crashes. It's called Large Address Aware. http://www.moddb.com/downloads/large-address-aware1

I have Windows 10, 12Gb of RAM, ....in the "custom park" i use a lot of CS that not use in the other park....

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Post #9     : February 09, 2018, 02:14:36 PM
Do you get any error message, or does it just crash to the desktop?

phebe86

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #10     : February 17, 2018, 03:06:27 AM
when RT3 crash getting the message "il programma ha smesso di funzionare(=it's stopped working.)"

often the game crashes when the fireworks show starts ... sometimes it crash  without particular actions

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Post #11     : February 17, 2018, 10:37:15 AM
It sounds like a memory problem. Try using Large Address Aware.  http://www.moddb.com/downloads/large-address-aware1