Every little bit helps.

A A A A Author Topic: Sign Up Here To Be On The CS List Staff  (Read 19895 times)

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Post #1     : July 26, 2012, 10:06:44 PM
For those who would like to be on the CS List Staff, please sign up here. Then we will discuss assignments and you will be put on the staff for a trial run. Each one of you will be given a set to add to the CS List. I will help you learn how to do it step by step. After you have successfully added a set, I will look it over to make sure you have done it correctly. If you've made mistakes or done things incorrectly, then I will let you know and help you fix any problems. Once I feel confident that you understand how to add sets correctly to the CS List, you will become an official member and will have the freedom to add the sets you want. Those who don't catch on, or continue to struggle, will not become members of the staff.
Be sure to visit the CS List to find the custom content you need for RCT3.

sfy

• Victim of Creator's Block
  •  
Re: Sign Up Here To Be On The CS List Staff
Post #2     : July 26, 2012, 11:21:58 PM
ok, we'll see if i have what it takes.

If I could ever figure out how to do what I envision in my mind, it would look pretty cool.

CJ-PRock

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #3     : July 27, 2012, 02:35:45 AM
I'll join in on this... I've got an hour or two to spend on this. Besides, maybe I'll find some awesome sets to use in my parks :)

cotda

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #4     : July 27, 2012, 03:51:46 AM
I would like to help! It is a great idea!

AdamY

•  
  • Rookie CS List Staff
Post #5     : July 27, 2012, 06:44:40 AM
Sign me up too, here to help.

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Post #6     : July 27, 2012, 04:19:39 PM
Thank you so much for signing up.  :)

Each of you have now been added to the CS List Staff. When you go to the CS List now, should all be able to access the Staff Panel. You can get there 2 ways. You should see a drop down menu when you hover your mouse over the tab at the top of the forum. Also, if you're already at the CS List, you'll see the Staff tab there at the top of the page. Both methods will take you to the staff panel. There are some simple instructions that you can read about how to edit the entries. It's pretty easy, but does take a little time to get used to how it all works. Any question you have, just post them here.

The first thing I will do is assign you each a set to help you learn how to add things to the CS List.

sfy... MCS Wooden Fence
http://www.customscenerydepot.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1382

CJ-PRock... MCS Rock Edge Port
http://www.customscenerydepot.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1381

cotda...Briantjus94's Standard Billboards
http://www.customscenerydepot.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1376

AdamY...AdamY Ropes
http://www.customscenerydepot.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1379

Next, you each need to download that set and try it out. You'll need to know all the below details before you can enter the set in the CS List.

User Name) The name of the creator
Set name) The name of the set
Description) Brief description of the set, no words like 'amazing' and 'awesome'. Stay neutral
Special Info) Special installation instructions and such
Thread Url) Link to the thread (if the set has one)
In-game Name) The name as it appears in the menu
In-game Location) The menu/s the set appears in
Number of Objects) Total number of objects
Type of Objects) Walls, statues, windows, monkey - Try to add as much as you can so the search function can serve it's purpose.
Textures) Again, the more info, the better
Theme) More is more again
Download Url) Link/s to the download/downloads

HOW TO ADD A SET TO THE CS LIST

To add the set, you'll need to click on "Add Items" under the ITEMS category on the right hand menu. Then fill out the title (normally, do NOT put the author's name in the title), choose the author (if the author is new, you won't find him in the drop down list. You'll have to manually add the name by clicking on the "Edit Creators" tab under the MAIN category on the right hand menu), choose the item type, write a short description (do not "review" the set by saying it is good or bad) add any information (0nly if there is something technical that needs to be mentioned. Otherwise leave the Information field blank) and number of items. Then click "continue".

Next, you need to add the thread. I would do a search at SGW for it and add the url of thread. Then choose "shyguy's World" from the drop down list. If it isn't at SGW, you can use Google to search, or simply leave it blank. If you find it somewhere else, choose the name of the site in the drop down menu. There may not be a thread at all. Click either "Add Thread" or "No Threads".

Next, add the url to the Download and choose the name of the site in the drop down menu. CS Depot is listed 3 times for some reason. Just use the top one if that's where the download is hosted. Of course, if the file is hosted somewhere else, choose the correct location. Click "Add Download". Then click "Continue".

Next, type in the name of the set exactly the way it is written in the game menu. Add the location, which will be something like this... "Rides / RollerCoasters", "Scenery Items", "Walls, Roofs, and Buildings", "Foliage", etc. Click "Add Location". If the set is split up and listed on another menu in RCT3, then add that location too. When you've finished adding all the locations, click "Continue".

Next, check off the names of all the items that are included in the set. When done, click "Edit Objects".

Next, check off the textures that are used in the objects in the set. When done, click "Edit Textures".

Finally, choose the theme, or themes, that best describe the cs set. When done, click "Edit Themes."

That's it. You're finished. (Occasionally, you may not find the object, texture, or theme in the lists. You can manually add a new entry to any of the lists by choosing "Object List", "Texture List, or "Theme List" under the SORTS category on the right menu.)

You can always go back after you have finished adding the set and re-edit, or change or add anything by clicking on "Edit Items" under the ITEMS category. Just choose the creator from the drop down menu and choose the set from the next drop down menu. Clicking on any text in red will take you to the editing page where you can make your changes.

One known glitch that you may encounter is that the program doesn't like apostrophes. If you use an apostrophe, it won't accept the entry. Here's the way around. Instead of typing JCat's Blox, type it like this... JCat/'s Blox. That should work.

When each of you has finished adding your set, let me know and I will check it out to see if you've done it all correctly. If you have any questions or problems that come up while trying to add the set, be sure to leave a post here and I'll help you with it.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 04:24:35 PM by shyguy »

blackphanter

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #7     : July 27, 2012, 05:03:14 PM
I'll sign up for I have a good grammar software all got do is speak into mice and typing for me what say that should work for grammar for me shyguy.

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Post #8     : July 27, 2012, 06:02:32 PM
I'll sign up for I have a good grammar software all got do is speak into mice and typing for me what say that should work for grammar for me shyguy.
Are you serious?

You grammar to write you I think is sucks.

AdamY

•  
  • Rookie CS List Staff
Post #9     : July 28, 2012, 01:25:16 AM
Thank you for the easy first assignment Shy  ;)

Hope all is present and correct: http://www.customscenerydepot.com/cslist/index.php?item=1581

CJ-PRock

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Post #11     : July 28, 2012, 10:48:38 AM
AdamY...Perfect! Your next assignment is... Revolution Screens (Full Release)
http://www.customscenerydepot.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1380

CJ-PRock... Almost perfect. The only thing I want you to change is the url to the Download. It should be to the download page at the CS Depot. Not a direct url to the file.

CJ-PRock

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #12     : July 28, 2012, 03:44:27 PM
Alright, changed it. I kind of figured that a direct link would be easier for the people since it's already hosted here, I figured wrong :P.

Will do it correctly next time :)

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Post #13     : July 28, 2012, 05:13:21 PM
If you're ever unsure of how to do something, check to see how ALL the other entries are done.  ;)

sfy

•  
Post #14     : July 28, 2012, 05:38:59 PM
i havent forgotten, just a busy weekend.......heading out the door to see Neil Diamond at Real Salt Lake soccer stadium right now.
If I could ever figure out how to do what I envision in my mind, it would look pretty cool.

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Post #15     : July 28, 2012, 06:18:09 PM
That's okay. There's no rush.

Enjoy the concert.  ;)

sfy

•  
Post #16     : July 29, 2012, 01:06:35 PM

CJ-PRock

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #17     : July 29, 2012, 03:03:30 PM
I'll be in Germany from this Monday until next Monday, I'll resume my work here when I get back. Also, maybe it's a good idea to give everyone a list of things they have to do?

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Post #18     : July 29, 2012, 06:42:57 PM
I'll be in Germany from this Monday until next Monday, I'll resume my work here when I get back. Also, maybe it's a good idea to give everyone a list of things they have to do?
I'll come up with some way to organize this in a couple of days. I agree right now it's a bit confusing for people to know what to do.

http://www.customscenerydepot.com/cslist/?item=1584

ok, how's this?
Looks good.

AdamY

•  
  • Rookie CS List Staff
Post #19     : July 30, 2012, 01:38:32 PM
I was also about to ask how this is going to be arranged long-term.

Meanwhile, http://cslist.customscenerydepot.com/index.php?item=1587

Wasn't really a set I've followed the development of, took me a good long time to find it in game! Got there in the end.

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Post #20     : July 30, 2012, 09:59:39 PM
I was also about to ask how this is going to be arranged long-term.
In the past, I've simply let people just pick whatever they wanted to do, which is fine as long as you have self-motivated members. This time, maybe I'll create assignments. These are the main jobs that need to be done...

1) Adding the newest sets uploaded to the CS Depot.
2) Adding sets that the authors request to be put on the list that aren't hosted at the CS Depot.
3) Adding sets that are hosted at other sites that are listed on the "Links to New Custom Content" board.
   (which are now "old" content as they've been neglected for so long.)
4) Fixing mistakes and broken links listed on the "CS List Errors" board.
5) Searching for new sets hosted at other sites and adding them to the "links to New Custom Content" board.

So, would you guys like to choose a "job" and then be responsible to work only on that specific task, or would you like to do a variety of things, to break up the monotony of doing the same type of job over and over?

sfy

•  
Post #21     : July 30, 2012, 11:48:23 PM
i would have to vote for a variety of things as opposed to one certain thing over and over.

in regards to "3) Adding sets that are hosted at other sites that are listed on the "Links to New Custom Content" board.    (which are now "old" content as they've been neglected for so long.)"

would that be the series of "Links gotten by rct3rocks123" threads?

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Post #22     : July 31, 2012, 12:09:03 AM
in regards to "3) Adding sets that are hosted at other sites that are listed on the "Links to New Custom Content" board.    (which are now "old" content as they've been neglected for so long.)"

would that be the series of "Links gotten by rct3rocks123" threads?
Yes.

AdamY

•  
  • Rookie CS List Staff
Post #23     : July 31, 2012, 11:05:52 AM
To be honest I'd be just as happy to have an 'area', I think it would add some structure and help people stick at it. 2 or 4 would be my favoured but obviously I'm aware we'll need to fit in with each other if we go this route.

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Post #24     : July 31, 2012, 01:00:46 PM
Well, while we wait for the other 2 members to do their test assignment, if anyone wants to start on on the sets in this thread http://www.customscenerydepot.com/index.php/topic,184.0.html go right ahead. Just make a post in that thread announcing which set (or sets) you plan to do, so two people don't do the same one. Don't say you're going to them all. What typically happens is a member thinks they'll have the time to do them all, and then doesn't, and then nobody does anything on the list. Just pick one (or a couple) and once finished, if you have time for more, then post again and list the next ones you're going to do.

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Post #25     : August 04, 2012, 03:47:44 PM
Well, since cotda never bothered to do his assignment, could someone else please do it. And cotda is now removed as a member of the staff.

And a big "Thanks" to sfy who is really going to town and adding lots of sets to the list!

dutchtimNL1

• Way too curious
  •  
  • Getting RCT3 back to popular!
Post #26     : August 05, 2012, 01:34:51 AM
Shyguy,
If you are searching for new staff, I would like to apply. Although i'm Dutch, I understand English very well.
German must be no problem for me because I have had it for 4 years on school, and visit Germany a lot.
I do also have experience in building websites and hosting forums.

Let's say; whenever you need me, i'll be there!

Dutch ;)

Well, since cotda never bothered to do his assignment, could someone else please do it. And cotda is now removed as a member of the staff.

And a big "Thanks" to sfy who is really going to town and adding lots of sets to the list!

If you want me to complete his assignment, i'll be ready!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 01:42:53 AM by dutchtimNL1 »
Oh god, i just love this site!

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Post #27     : August 05, 2012, 12:12:36 PM
Thanks for signing up.  :)

Yes, please do Cotda's assignment.

dutchtimNL1

• Way too curious
  •  
Post #28     : August 05, 2012, 03:13:17 PM

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Post #29     : August 05, 2012, 04:16:12 PM
It's missing a couple of important details.

The Download Link and the Thread Link.

dutchtimNL1

• Way too curious
  •  
Post #30     : August 06, 2012, 01:13:44 AM
It's missing a couple of important details.

The Download Link and the Thread Link.

sorry, link was there, but forgot to do something.
Should be working now.