Every little bit helps.

A A A A Author Topic: help with dat. file  (Read 6862 times)

RCT3Nut

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
help with dat. file
Post #1     : August 22, 2012, 05:00:59 PM
first i am no computer wiz but do understand how to put the cs files into the game.The problem is everythings fine till i add some cs and save the game only to find next time i open the same save game it crashes. I added only one wall and save the game, close the game, went back open the save game as soon as I try to add anything it would crash. Any help would be great, Thanks

guest2855

Re: help with dat. file
Post #2     : August 23, 2012, 12:33:37 AM
Hello again RCT3nut,

The common location of .dat files is within the documents/rct3 folder.
I can help you further, if you could tell me the following things;

1. What do you want to install?
2. Is it a park or structure?

Provide me the right information, and I will try and help you fix this!

~Dutch

toofpikk

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #3     : August 23, 2012, 01:28:02 AM
you may have downloaded huge peices of CS, Like the space mountain structure.
If this is the case, you MUST turn off shadows, or your game will crash everytime you try to put it in a park.

RCT3Nut

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #4     : August 23, 2012, 02:00:33 AM
Hello again everyone  :) I was trying to add a building to my park, and yes i try it both ways with shadows on and with it off. As soon as i remove the save game and the cs, the game work as it should. The cs work great untill i went to continue a save game with it

guest2855

Post #5     : August 23, 2012, 09:50:44 AM
RCT3Nut, if you do want to use the building in your park, you have to place the .dat file of the building in your  "my documents/RCT3/Structures folder".
Should work if placed there.
If not, i will put it in the list of the 'recommended not to download'-topic.

RCT3Nut

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #6     : August 23, 2012, 11:20:55 AM
Ok i will try this Thanks

RCT3Nut

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #7     : August 23, 2012, 11:50:12 AM
getting gray hair from all this  :D anyhow i am using stationjimjr-Country Inn. There are no data.files in the zip, just the norm .ovl files. I unzip it and place everything but the read me into my style/theme folders. The game opens and the cs is in my scenery, i place one wall and save the game, exit the game, reopen it and use the save game. Everything opens good with the wall where i put it but as soon as i click on another anything from my scenery the game crashes and boots me into my open page. I go find my save game data and delete it, go back to the game, open it and the game plays normal untill i use anything from a cs file again and save it, reopen, and it crashes again. I dont think it is in the cs because i have try about twenty different cs files, and no matter which one i try it does this. Spent the last four days trying to figure this out, have install/uninstall so much i know the game code off by heart. :D

guest2855

Post #8     : August 23, 2012, 01:43:41 PM
getting gray hair from all this  :D anyhow i am using stationjimjr-Country Inn. There are no data.files in the zip, just the norm .ovl files. I unzip it and place everything but the read me into my style/theme folders. The game opens and the cs is in my scenery, i place one wall and save the game, exit the game, reopen it and use the save game. Everything opens good with the wall where i put it but as soon as i click on another anything from my scenery the game crashes and boots me into my open page. I go find my save game data and delete it, go back to the game, open it and the game plays normal untill i use anything from a cs file again and save it, reopen, and it crashes again. I dont think it is in the cs because i have try about twenty different cs files, and no matter which one i try it does this. Spent the last four days trying to figure this out, have install/uninstall so much i know the game code off by heart. :D

Sorry, problem never occured by me, so i cant help you on this.
Maybe another user knows?

RCT3Nut

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #9     : August 24, 2012, 06:21:17 PM
got it fix dutch and thanks for ur help