Every little bit helps.

A A A A Author Topic: CS Depot Slow?  (Read 3330 times)

3mutts

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
CS Depot Slow?
Post #1     : September 20, 2012, 12:21:31 PM
Hey guys, lately the CSDepot and CSList have been acting odd. Currently on all my machines they pause for a long time and then loads or on my IPad (iSO 6) it's been pausing then crashes. Can anyone fix this? ::)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 02:51:57 PM by 3mutts »
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

guest2855

Re: CS Depot Slow?
Post #2     : September 23, 2012, 02:05:05 AM
Hey guys, lately the CSDepot and CSList have been acting odd. Currently on all my machines they pause for a long time and then loads or on my IPad (iSO 6) it's been pausing then crashes. Can anyone fix this? ::)

How is your connection to the internet?
I had the same problem, but this got fixed when I got a better internet router. My wi-fi is now a lot faster, and I can finally upload things to the CS list without crashing my pc.

3mutts

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #3     : September 23, 2012, 07:50:05 PM
My Internet is fine (we recently updated it) and it only crashes on my recently updated IPad (iSO 6) on my PC (which I really only use for RCT3) and my IPod its fine but it lags a little bit. It also does this on the main page of the CSDepot but no where else on the site. I'm wondering if it has to do with my firewall trying to block certain ads as I noticed on my Chrome browser on my PC that it takes forever to load a ad which is now what I think the problem is. I can't remember the name of the ad (I will reload the page on my PC when I get back from school and write it down), I will make sure to tell shy the name of this ad later.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 07:51:51 PM by 3mutts »

PB&J

•  
Post #4     : September 24, 2012, 07:55:23 AM
If I try to visit the CS Depot using the latest Safari browser, my entire computer lags and then Safari crashes. Safari can load the CS Depot forums fine, but not the homepage. Using a different browser such as Firefox on the same machine loads the homepage without any issues.

3mutts

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #5     : September 24, 2012, 12:58:28 PM
Hmmm... Then it sounds like a problem with safari that should be reported to apple or shy.

PB&J

•  
Post #6     : September 24, 2012, 03:15:08 PM
I wasn't sure if it corresponded to your issue in some way.

3mutts

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #7     : September 24, 2012, 03:16:14 PM
^ I think it dose since my IPad crashes now and didn't used too and the only thing I changed was updating to iSO 6 there by updating my Safari as well.

EDIT: Just got a PM from Shy that said that he is having trouble on his IPad as well. He also said that he will trying to fix it and if he can't and you are having the same problem, I would report it to apple so they can patch Safari.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:19:07 PM by 3mutts »

guest2855

Post #8     : September 26, 2012, 04:08:05 AM
My Internet is fine (we recently updated it) and it only crashes on my recently updated IPad (iSO 6) on my PC (which I really only use for RCT3) and my IPod its fine but it lags a little bit. It also does this on the main page of the CSDepot but no where else on the site. I'm wondering if it has to do with my firewall trying to block certain ads as I noticed on my Chrome browser on my PC that it takes forever to load a ad which is now what I think the problem is. I can't remember the name of the ad (I will reload the page on my PC when I get back from school and write it down), I will make sure to tell shy the name of this ad later.

When using chrome, Internet Explorer or firefox, there is the possibilty to download a adblocker. Ads will not be shown, so you can browse adless. Ad's will be replaced by "This ad has been blocked" or something like that.
Pretty sure it is not the solution to your problem, although it's worth looking at.

3mutts

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #9     : September 26, 2012, 12:12:13 PM
Hey guys I finally fixed this annoying problem! Turns out turning off JavaScript fixed it. However, there could be many things that could cause this so I would look at this to see which one fixes it.

Link: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57398274-263/troubleshooting-safari-update-problems/

guest2855

Post #10     : September 26, 2012, 01:26:43 PM
Hey guys I finally fixed this annoying problem! Turns out turning off JavaScript fixed it. However, there could be many things that could cause this so I would look at this to see which one fixes it.

Link: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57398274-263/troubleshooting-safari-update-problems/

Nice work 3mutts!
I think it is important to share this with more people.
@shyguy

3mutts

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #11     : September 26, 2012, 01:49:01 PM
Well actually Shyguy PMed me it and I thought I should share it with you guys, but I think I will share it with people on SGW.

Berp

•  
  • Previously rct3rocks123.
Post #12     : October 08, 2012, 01:18:58 PM
I'm having a problem with the CS List. I'm using a Windows 7 laptop, using the browser RockMelt. Nobody really knows about it, but it's basically Chrome with Facebook addons. The CS List takes a while to load for me, when I do almost about anything. I have no clue why, but it's preventing me from fixing errors in the list as it gets very long and tedious. Thanks!