A A A A Author Topic: Texture error  (Read 4964 times)

lemis

•  
Texture error
Post #1     : October 19, 2012, 10:19:35 AM
Hello guys :)
I recreate Walibi Belgium on rct3 ( I try ^^)
But I've a problem with the textures in rct3
See :/

Someone could help me please ? :)

Thanks
Phantasialand fan ! :D

LJ

Re: Texture error
Post #2     : October 19, 2012, 12:51:28 PM
What is the size of the texture first of all? Because usually it has to be a square number such as 16x16, 54x54 and so on...

(I've only made one piece of cs so I'm not the best at the moment but that MIGHT be the reason)

lemis

•  
Post #3     : October 19, 2012, 12:53:54 PM
What is the size of the texture first of all?

256x256 =)

LJ

Post #4     : October 20, 2012, 06:19:46 AM
Ah ok. There might have been a mistake when importing the object. When you were selecting the textures, did you do ALL of them? (I'm not sure if I am explaining it right but at this bit...)

lemis

•  
Post #5     : October 20, 2012, 08:03:29 AM
A friend say me to change "Textures and Meshes" in "Texture only but it doesn't work :/

LJ

Post #6     : October 20, 2012, 11:37:33 AM
^ ummm... I'm not so sure now  :-[

The only thing I can think of is to have a look at  the Importing tutorial on the page because ... I can't think of anything else

Sorry I couldn't help you out on this but someone else is going to do a better job at helping then I did  ;D ...

Good luck trying to get it fixed and ,once fixed, I can't wait to see the finished CS piece.  :)

lemis

•  
Post #7     : October 20, 2012, 03:52:04 PM
Thanks for your attention :)
Someone else can help me ? :)

kiotho

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #8     : October 21, 2012, 04:39:48 AM
Thanks for your attention :)
Someone else can help me ? :)

I think I know where your problem lies. It's something in Sketchup. Just try to remove the current texture on your 3D model, and replace it in Sketchup again. scale and do wathever you want with the texture, till it fits on the object as you want it to be. After that, Right click on the texture, and select "select items with same material" (or something like that  :P) Now right click again, and choose "make group". Now right click on the group, and choose "object properties" Now you'll get a small window, where you can choose your material again. Asign it and give the group a name. Now export the ase, and do everything exactly the same in the rest of the importer  ;) (If you don't understand everything, just PM me. I'm Dutch and I think you are too)

lemis

•  
Post #9     : October 21, 2012, 08:08:40 AM
Yeah it works ! Thanks kiotho :D
I will probably open a topic on SGW for show the evolution of the recreation but it's a little belgian parc (Yes I'm from Belgium ^^ ) therefore you don't know him :/

Thank you !
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 08:14:00 AM by lemis »

cyberwaveIT

•  
  • Loving Every RCT Moment!
Post #10     : October 21, 2012, 04:22:49 PM
Glad to see that your problem's solved. Looking forward to your topic on SGW.  ;)

kiotho

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #11     : October 22, 2012, 02:40:51 PM
Looking good  :) I'm glad I could help you, and your problem is solved now. (BTW I'm from belgium too, so I do know how the entrance looks like  :P Your model is greatly done :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal