Every little bit helps.

A A A A Author Topic: Can't download .rar files..  (Read 2785 times)

JdogDemApples

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Can't download .rar files..
Post #1     : January 25, 2013, 05:28:16 PM
I have been using this site for the last few months for custom scenery but have been unable to download rar files. I installed 7-zip, winzip and jzip and none of them can open any rar file. The same issus occurs with all of them saying that the file I am attempting to extract cannot be opened. I have tried multiple files on multiple sites with multiple rar programs and the same error occurs. I have downloaded the file and then extracted it to style/themed. I don't know if there is something wrong with my computer, the files, the programs? I have about 20 cs sets on my computer and they run without issue (although they are all .zip format). Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

PB&J

•  
Re: Can't download .rar files..
Post #2     : January 25, 2013, 07:51:28 PM
That is really strange. I have never experienced any issues with .rar files and I use winzip. Is there anyway you could elaborate on what you are doing perhaps? If it's any consolation, all of my scenery can be downloaded in .zip format from my site. It really just seems strange to me that all of those programs have the same error. Have you tried a different browser perhaps? :-\

JdogDemApples

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #3     : January 26, 2013, 11:25:44 AM
Is there anyway you could elaborate on what you are doing perhaps?
So I am downloading the cs from a website and opening the files with a rar program (right now its 7zip). Then I extract the files to the Style/themed folder. The files don't extract because the original file cannot be opened by the rar program. I noticed that the files are saved as a windows 32bit opporating system. I am now running windows 7 64bit. I think this might be the cause..

elizabeth

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #4     : February 07, 2013, 07:42:06 PM
I use Winrar and my friend uses 7-zip (I think), But we both select the "extract here" option which extracts the files to your downloads. Then I manually install the files into Rct3. I do it that way because I read somewhere that errors can occur if you extract directly to the game files. I don't know about Winzip, but Winrar extracts both rar and zip files.

Krankin4

Post #5     : February 09, 2013, 07:32:50 AM
JdogDemApples couple questions. What OS you using? Do you have admin rights on your computer? Win 8 I've never seen so may not be able to help there.   

JdogDemApples

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #6     : February 10, 2013, 03:23:23 PM
I use Winrar and my friend uses 7-zip (I think), But we both select the "extract here" option which extracts the files to your downloads. Then I manually install the files into Rct3. I do it that way because I read somewhere that errors can occur if you extract directly to the game files. I don't know about Winzip, but Winrar extracts both rar and zip files.

That fixed it ;D. If I created a new folder, I could extract the files there and then copy them into the game. I got that error when I tried to extract it directly to the game. thanks!