Every little bit helps.

A A A A Author Topic: Problems with SGW  (Read 10687 times)

Yoshi

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Problems with SGW
Post #1     : June 24, 2013, 09:56:09 AM
It seems that today something happened with the SGW database, keeping users from viewing threads. I am already at work trying to fix the problem, and I hope to have it resolved soon.

Yoshi

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Re: Problems with SGW
Post #2     : July 18, 2013, 07:29:54 AM
It seems that something happened to the SGW server today. I unfortunately can't access the server to see what's going on, but hopefully the site should be back up sometime soon.

GJST1976

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #3     : July 18, 2013, 08:42:22 AM
Well i can not access the site and i am on firefox and this is the link that i am getting http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php?action=forum

Yoshi

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #4     : July 18, 2013, 09:08:16 AM
^Yeah, that's exactly what I was talking about. It seems like a few people can access the site just fine. I can also get through the back end signaling to me that it's a domain name issue, but I'm not really sure at this point.

GJST1976

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #5     : July 18, 2013, 09:22:37 AM
I am just hoping that something could be sorted out soon for SGW. :)

Yoshi

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #6     : July 18, 2013, 09:55:07 AM
Yeah. It's either a domain issue or a server issue. Either way, we're basically stuck with waiting for shyguy.

mrcobra92

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #7     : July 18, 2013, 02:43:50 PM
Did you guys loose the domain name? It looks like it is now owned by an advertisement group. This has happened to me when I forgot to renew my domain.

Elch

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #8     : July 18, 2013, 02:50:05 PM
Oh my :-(

SGW down? I am on Safari btw, if it matters.
I hope it's nothing serious... hope there are good news soon!

Fingers crossed :)

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Post #9     : July 18, 2013, 04:05:04 PM
The company I renewed the Domain name cancelled it for whatever God forsaken reason. They may have cancelled it because SGW is not hosted with their server anymore. I have contacted them and am waiting for a reply. It's either a mistake, or I will have to transfer the Domain name over to the new server. I will keep you informed.
Be sure to visit the CS List to find the custom content you need for RCT3.

r-r ltd.

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #10     : July 18, 2013, 04:09:33 PM
I didn't realize at first that this forum existed, nice place to look if things do happen to the site. Glad to see that SGW isn't gone at least and things have the possibility of being taken care of.

GreenCollarDrums

•  
  • Step up to the plate for RCT3 (& TPS)!
Post #11     : July 18, 2013, 04:16:11 PM
This is the most annoying thing I have ever experienced. Let's just hope we can get back to what we were doing on SGW as soon as possible (hopefully, tomorrow.) ::)

GJST1976

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #12     : July 18, 2013, 04:32:49 PM
The company I renewed the Domain name cancelled it for whatever God forsaken reason. They may have cancelled it because SGW is not hosted with their server anymore. I have contacted them and am waiting for a reply. It's either a mistake, or I will have to transfer the Domain name over to the new server. I will keep you informed.

Do you think that you could get it sorted out and would it cost more to go onto another server. Sent you a PM also mate. :)

BenPictures1

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #13     : July 18, 2013, 04:39:54 PM
What about all the threads?

LoneWolf

•  
Post #14     : July 18, 2013, 04:42:05 PM
What about all the threads?

They are still there.

Captain EO

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #15     : July 18, 2013, 04:54:38 PM
Wow I hope everything works out.

BenPictures1

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #16     : July 18, 2013, 06:15:03 PM
It's back online!!
EDIT: aaaaaaaaaannnnd spoke to soon. It's not online.

shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
  •  
Post #17     : July 18, 2013, 06:21:34 PM
So here's the latest...

The fucking company that I renewed the domain, HostMDS, changed their policy and don't host domain names unless you use their server to host your site. I use InMotion Hosting to host SGW. So even though I paid them to renew the domain for another year, they let it expire anyway.  >:(

So I am now in the process of getting the domain back. I don't know how long this process will take. I'll keep you posted when I know more.
Be sure to visit the CS List to find the custom content you need for RCT3.

GJST1976

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #18     : July 18, 2013, 06:32:06 PM
So here's the latest...

The fucking company that I renewed the domain, HostMDS, changed their policy and don't host domain names unless you use their server to host your site. I use InMotion Hosting to host SGW. So even though I paid them to renew the domain for another year, they let it expire anyway.  >:(

So I am now in the process of getting the domain back. I don't know how long this process will take. I'll keep you posted when I know more.

Thanks for letting us know what is happening mate :)

elizabeth

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #19     : July 18, 2013, 06:33:57 PM
Thanks for the update Shyguy, I'll check back regularly for news. I hope your day gets better! :(

Yoshi

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #20     : July 18, 2013, 06:41:51 PM
Well, glad to at least know what's going on. And don't worry, everything still is on the server, as that has nothing to do with the domain name.

GreenCollarDrums

•  
Post #21     : July 18, 2013, 06:44:41 PM
Good, good. Hope to be able to NOT see that retched screen replacing SGW currently sometime soon! ;D

iAP

•  
Post #22     : July 18, 2013, 06:53:49 PM
Ah, I've been wondering what the problem was today. Thanks for keeping us updated with the news, shyguy, and hope that it all works out in the end. :(

Gravquian

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #23     : July 18, 2013, 07:42:34 PM
Sorry to hear about the "domain" troubles.
Hope you are able to get things sorted out ok.

I miss it already... no joke... :)

Best wishes.

mrcobra92

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #24     : July 18, 2013, 10:13:18 PM
HostMDS has screwed me over twice, I can't stand them (almost as bad as hostican). I switched over to justhost a little while ago, and it is much better, even though it is a shared server, it was way better than the support I was getting from the others, and it is a lot cheaper.

StickyGum32

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #25     : July 18, 2013, 10:18:24 PM
12:17 AM Central Time (Chicago Time), and I am definitely on the site. Everything seems normal for now, but just thought I'd let you know I can access the place. I don't know if it helps to know when the site is live and not live.

Correction: It seems that so long as I stay logged in (as I was given the chance to do so at 12:17), I can access the full site. If I'm not logged in, I can't access the site. I know because I opened the site in two other browsers and they both displayed that snarky looking bitch with the horrible color scheme.

Double Correction: I can also log out and log back in like normal, however leaving the site (logged in or not) then forward navigating to the site brings the bitch. If I leave the site, then backwards navigate to the site, I can still access it and continue using it.

Last Correction: After roughly 30 mins of the site (a ghost town, might I add), the stupid thing finally realized that I was there or something and kicked me off by redirecting me to the stupid lady. So yeah. Maybe that gives some insight, I dunno. But this definitely happened.

- StickyGum32
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:49:38 PM by StickyGum32 »

GreenCollarDrums

•  
Post #26     : July 18, 2013, 10:54:29 PM
Retched! RETCHED, I TELL YOU!!!!! >:(

r-r ltd.

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #27     : July 18, 2013, 11:31:48 PM
So here's the latest...

That really sucks, quiet horrible business choices on their part. I'd imagine they should have at least warned you about policy changes or that they were going to cancel it. Does SGW have a backup domain? I'd imagine if you got the domain back from them you would have to get it moved to another host and I've read that can take a few days. Really hoping that company doesn't give you any more trouble in fixing things.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 11:35:41 PM by r-r ltd. »

Silver Swordsman

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #28     : July 19, 2013, 02:04:57 AM
I am seriously considering on bringing a cooler full of trout and slapping the people at HostMDS for giving me a heart attack. 

Who's with me? 

Brisingr Productions

•  
  • •_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
Post #29     : July 19, 2013, 04:03:04 AM
Look at it from the bright side: CS Depot is getting a bunch of new member :P

I'm with you Silver  >:(

Anyway, I might need some more tables... ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 04:06:01 AM by Brisingr Productions »
I should place some usefull text here...

LJ

Post #30     : July 19, 2013, 05:15:37 AM
Thanks for the update shyguy. Hope everything works out soon ...  :)