Every little bit helps.

A A A A Author Topic: Help with Belgabor's Invisible Doodads  (Read 4277 times)

BoogiePeople

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Help with Belgabor's Invisible Doodads
Post #1     : July 20, 2013, 03:42:17 PM
Howdy.

I'm trying to install the Invisible Doodads, but it keeps giving me the SVD no SID (or whatever it is).  I think the problem is that in his install instructions, it mentions a "RCT3/Styled/Custom" pathway.  My pathway is "RCT3/Styles/Themed."  Is this what is causing the problems?  I would really like to use these, but I also want my RCT3 to work as well.  :)

Thanks

elizabeth

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Re: Help with Belgabor's Invisible Doodads
Post #2     : July 20, 2013, 05:13:34 PM
The problem may be that you don't have a custom folder yet, as this folder doesn't come with the game. This is easy to fix, though. Just open up your style folder and create a new folder called custom. Then open your custom folder and make a new folder there called Belgabor. The Invisible Doodads folder goes inside that. If your download already had a Belgabor folder with the Doodads inside, simply put the whole thing in your custom folder When you're done the path should look like this: style/custom/Belgabor/ Invisible Doodads.
This is the basic installation for the set, but I feel like I'm leaving something out. When I first installed the set I remember that my "invisible" path had green blobs on it! I ended up finding the answer to this problem in a help thread on Shyguy's World, but I don't remember what it was. I'll see if I can find the thread again and get back to you.

PS: Custom flat rides are installed in the same way.

Here is a link to the  help thread: http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,7378.0.html
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 05:42:31 PM by elizabeth »

BoogiePeople

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #3     : July 20, 2013, 07:00:16 PM
Well, I tried that, and still got the errors.  You're probably right...there's something more to it.

Yoshi

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #4     : July 22, 2013, 07:59:00 AM
Did you read the readme? There are four different spots that parts of this set have to be installed to.

Branes51

•  
  • CS Depot's the best!
Post #5     : September 12, 2013, 06:28:06 PM
The piece of CS is tricky if you're not used to installing in different folders.
I'm I'm not mistaken, the archive had 3 different folders in it. Path, Queue, Custom.
The archive I have has an RCT3 Installation Directory, a Texture Alternatives Directory and a readme.txt

You cannot just extract the archive directly to your RCT3 folder, you have extract it to a temporary location, or open it with Winzip, WinRAR or some other archive program. If you're comfortable using Windows Explorer or another file manager, then you can probably just double click on the zip file and it will open with the contents showing.

Then open up the RCT3 Installation Directory. Inside will be three folders. Path, Queue and Style.
If you hit Ctrl-A it will select all three of those folders, or you can hold down Cntrl and click each separately. All three folders should be highlighted. Now right click on the highlighted folders and select copy, or hit Cntrl-C.
Then open up your Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 main directory wherever you have it installed. Default is C:\Program Files\Atari\Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 for XP, or with Win 7 or Vista it would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.
Once you have that open right click on an open space then select paste. Windows should copy those folders to the separate directories. It will ask you if you want to overwrite them, say "Yes." Or it will give you a dialog with Replace, Skip or Cancel. Select Replace all.
Unless you have Belgabor's Invisible Changing Room installed, you don't need to do anything else.

To make sure that it's correctly installed, open up the Paths folder in your main RCT3 directory, there should be a folder called invisible.
Then open your queue folder. There should also be one called invisible. Then open up your Style/Custom folder.
There should be three folders there: Belgabor, Invisible Changing Room and shared. If all the folders are in the right locations, it's installed correctly.

The Texture Alternatives directory is for replacing the textures so that you see the invisible items. Unless you're comfortable moving stuff around between folders, I'd ignore this.